Saturday, May 8, 2010

Painting, dyeing, and some dragon t-shirts



I've been taking more fabric painting and dyeing classes from Quilt University.  These photos are from Lyric Kinard's Playing With Paint class.  The class included more techniques for getting paint onto fabric than I had time to complete, and here are some of the results.  Lots of fun!


Right now I am taking the second in a series of fabric dyeing classes from Marjie McWilliams.  I'll post the results after the end of the class, which is called Quilter's Palette.

I used some of what I learned in the painting class to stencil dragons on to some t-shirts.  The black and maroon shirts were done with a Clorox bleach pen, and the red one with black Jacquard textile paint.


Don't worry, apron fans, more aprons are on the way!  But the next post will reveal a secret project that I DID complete in time for Mother's Day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from all of you who want to talk about sewing and sewing machines, so please leave a comment. I will be approving all the posts before they go public. This will weed out all the people who just want to sell you something. Or worse, capture you and use your info for nefarious purposes.